34' DS Aero Brougham body parts???

After noticing some anomalies with the front fenders BEFORE disassembly, I now have issues with additional  quirks during reassembly, which leads me to asking help from you experts. Question; did the 121" frame models, (Convertible sedans & Aero Brougham sedans) receive the same front fenders that the 117" models had? The regular fenders on my 121" Brougham were replaced with side mount front fenders by the long ago East Coast owner. When I got the car, headlight & horn wiring was not connected, front fender brackets were not attached to the outer edge of the fenders, due to alignment issues, side mount fender well brackets were not attached to the frame, bumper bolts were not centered in the fender holes & there were 1/4" gaps between the lower portion of the radiator shell & the fenders, (also no fender welting). The hood has some contour issues at the radiator shell & cowl with large gaps front & rear. I was able to close the gaps by cutting 3/4" more threads on the radiator support rods. All these issues are what have caused me to think about continuity at the factory level. Has anybody experienced these anomalies before?? Looking forward to your answers,

Yikes,

I knew that the fenders had been replaced, but none of these questions ever came to mind.

I hope someone has this fender info you are looking for.

Are you still wanting to use the side mounts?

On 5/15/2023 at 8:59 AM, JACK M said:

Yikes,

I knew that the fenders had been replaced, but none of these questions ever came to mind.

I hope someone has this fender info you are looking for.

Are you still wanting to use the side mounts?

ALL the side mount fender hardware is attached & ready for the spares. Fender welting is installed between the fenders & radiator shell. I did some polishing on the fenders, especially where the headlights mounted & all I have to do is do a factory paint job on 2 wheels, mount 2 of the old WW tires, along with the 2 tire mount rear view mirrors. BTW Jack, the "bends" in the irons make it possible to avoid the tires, which I know you were concerned about. I attached a few photos that I know you would like.

P1010188.JPG

P1010189.JPG

• Like 1