ANOTHER RESTORATION STARTS OUT IN DOO DAH

Maybe I shoulda got this in the Chevrolet section  -  but what the heck  -  everyone knows our award winning Buick and what we went through with that car.  The Silverado will be a piece of cake compared to the Buick.  We have this 1995 Chevrolet Silverado that I ordered new from the Chevrolet Dealer in East Dubuque, Illinois.  The truck has NEVER been driven in snow.  No rust, no dents, no dings and it still has the plastic on the back seat that came from the factory.  It has 113,000 miles on the clock and still runs as nice as the day I drove it home.  It has just about everything that could be ordered on the truck back then.  Barbara wrote the check for a tad over $17,500.00 in 1995.  The only thing that it doesn't have right now that I wish it had is the rear back-up camera.  That will be installed once the restoration is finished.  I have a friend who has given me a really hard time about this truck.  "You need something at least 2018 for better mileage and way better creature comforts"  Yeah right.  A friend in Wichita who owns a photography business was telling me awhile back about a small used car lot who had a 2017 Silverado that they were asking $44,900.00 for.  I simply cannot go wrong with bringing this truck back to brand new condition.  The paint on this truck is beyond horrible and it started going that way about two years after we got it.  It is going to be repainted with the best single stage paint that money can buy and stay with Basic Black of course.  Reggie thinks he might have it about 2 - 3 months which is just fine with us.  We will have the nicest 1995 Chevrolet Silverado in the country.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

P5121680.JPG

P5121681.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...