New York's Times Square, 1903 (for Walt G.)

There appears to be a horseless carriage (at least I can't see a horse) heading toward the streetcar at the bottom of the photo. 

Times Square

Here's about the same shot approximately 50 years later...lots of traffic.

flatiron3.jpg.910305361f49866c302643e9b1959361.jpg

And 50 years after that...pedestrian mall?   ...not even an EV in sight!

Flatiron Building Goes Up for Auction Again after Failure

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank You. Some of the city architecture is amazing , especially the examples created before WWII. One of my favorites is the Flat Iron Building  . There is an area where you can sit and look at it and also near by is Union Square where some flea market activity is held on weekends and some unique and great things can be found. All of my words are from experiences prior to the pandemic so much may have changed but I hope is back to the way it was. I would get into "the city" more frequently about a decade ago but with the "improvements"  to Penn Station , it is more confusing then ever to deal with. I enjoy walking to buildings that once had auto activity 90+ years ago.  That could make a great walking tour . The building that Hispano Suiza sold cars in /had their showroom still exists.  ( no cars being sold!) The former Rollston coach builder building last i looked was Toyota of Manhattan. The Waldorf Astoria hotel had an auto accessory parts store in its south lobby............................in the 1920s, name was Nil Melior - translates some what to : none finer.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)