Studebaker Identification

Good morning,    I have a '57 Studebaker Hawk (beautiful cars) and it has the 7 digit Serial Number (before V.I.N.'s). I am attempting to positively identify this car and not having lots of luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-John

The entire engine compartment of this car has been undercoated. It is difficult to tell if there is a tag underneath. Should it be a square tag with rounded edges directly beneath the over hanging support for the hood hinge?  I expect this plate should be riveted on?  I don't want to start scraping off the undercoating if the tag is not there.

12 hours ago, jrj2 said:

The entire engine compartment of this car has been undercoated. It is difficult to tell if there is a tag underneath. Should it be a square tag with rounded edges directly beneath the over hanging support for the hood hinge?  I expect this plate should be riveted on?  I don't want to start scraping off the undercoating if the tag is not there.

The tag should look similar in shape and size to the one posted here:  56 Flight Hawk hardtop, #56G-K7 - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum     (Post #8)

Craig