DB Trucks and Cars that shared the same engines

Take a look at the green sales invoice prior to reading this. See the descrepency between the frame #'s and the serial/eng #'s? Why are the engine #'s so far off while the frame #'s are only one number away?

I realize some of you may have already known this but here's my expanded theory for other engines you may not have considered. I firmly believe that the car & truck plants were pulling from the same inventory.  The more information I continue to log in the database the more the picture becomes clearer. 

As I'm logging truck data tonight, this is just one example I've ran across showing more proof the passenger car and the SD 1/2 ton truck shared the same engine # series yet split the engine inventory as vehicles were ordered. If not then how do we explain the difference from back to back truck frames showing a descrepency of 1,789 engines being built in that same span? Those engines had to of been used on passenger cars or special types of commercial cars, there's no other plausable conclusion in my opinion.

Only a matter of time before we can compile enough primary source evidence to prove it for the DA Six, Victory Six and Senior Six engines also. 

image.png.b2efad3f550459f8ea649e3d41ea04b7.png

image.png.89865359d6f2e1afe86a63e3aa47e0f3.png

Dodge Dealer Invoices 1921-1930_0016.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)