1962 Electra Convertible $15,000

Marketplace - 1962 Buick Electra | Facebook

Seller's Description

Runs and drives excellent. 71k miles believe to be actual. Car sat in a warehouse since 1989. Clean clear title in hand. 401 Wildcat motor. Rare bucket seats. AC which is all there but inop. Autronic eye. Power top not working. Lights and gauges work with exception of speedometer. Odometer works as it should. Prime candidate for restoration or drive as is. Yes it has some minor rust. It’s located south of Kansas City MO 64701. NO TRADES. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. $15k firm or I’ll keep it. If it’s posted it’s available. Won’t respond to “is it available?” Eight one six. Six zero four. Eight zero nine four

Product photo of 1962 Buick Electra

• Like 2

I am not a fan of a seller on a free marketplace stating "any less and I will keep it." Meh, OK.   There is a car posted in the AACA Forum where the seller stated that 2 years ago and has lowered the price 3 times !   

But, that comment aside - this checks a lot of boxes.  I do appreciate his honest photos.  It will need full dual exhasust with quiet Flowmasters.  That rusty glass pack exhaust has to sound horrible.  Well, that's likely $1,200 right there unless I can buy the exhaust and do it at my friends farm Morton building. 

I love this car.  Treat that original top of the line bucket seat leather with Leather Honey and restore about 50% of it.  Nobody likes to see floor pans cut out and redone, perhaps not welded in (hard to tell) and all that surface rust but it shows awful nice up top. 

I have had 5 1964 Buick convertibles including a dark blue 1964 Electra I snatched out of Minnesota with 54,000 original miles, challenged paint for $5,000 in about 2004 or so.  Drove well, loved it.  Black leather bench seat interior.  

So have driver 60's Buick convertibles climbed to $15,000 as an entrance fee?  

• Like 1