I have a Carter AFB carburetor with the numbers 3721SB then it has M4 on it. What does the M4 stand for. If it's the date code, can someone tell me when it was made.

Bubba327

I have an old Carter AFB # 3721 SB that I understand if made for the 1964-65 Chevy Corvette with the 327 engine with 300 h.p. I am trying to find out what the M4 on the bottom of the carb. means & possibly its value. The connection bolt on the automatic chock is broken off, so I know that will devalue it somewhat. I am trying to sell it for a friend who is fighting cancer & could use the money. Would Hemmings be the best place to sell it?  Thanks for any help you can give me.

December 1964.

Some years Carter used the "I", other years they did not use the "I".

It was used on all 1965 Chevrolet with 327/300 and manual transmission; not just the Corvette. Also as replacement carb for 1962, 1963, and 1964 327/300 and some 327/340. Not rare, check Ebay; which is probably the best place to sell it.

The broken choke does not help it at all; I think the choke has been reproduced. 

EDIT: well, the reproduction chokes seem to have dried up. I didn't find one either on ebay or using google.

The M4 does help, as it is a fairly early production 1965 date.

Jon

Edited by carbking (see edit history)