Touring car top

Feibings Harness Dressing probably. 
I think I have an original tin can and a more modern plastic version. Both quarts. Got mine at an Amish Harness Shop years ago. Just twist the cap off and before you know it your hands and face and your wife’s petticoat will be black as spades. 

I've used Fiebing's Leather Dye to touch up leather seats, as well as some wood stain touch up. Nothing as big as a top, but depending on material it should work well. 

Available on Amazon and other sources in 4 oz and up sizes. Wear gloves and old cloths, and be sure any other parts are masked / tarped over, as it's truly a stain, you don't want it on what it shouldn't be on.  

Two different Fiebings products. The Dye, as Roger says, is intense black (or maroon or ?, not sure how many colors they make).  I’ve mostly seen it used to blacken freshly cut harness strap edges. There is also ( was?) a product called Fiebings Harness Oil Blacking. So, in order of “strength” or “blackness” the product line goes like this:

Harness Oil Blacking (sort of thin)

Harness Dressing (more viscous and blacker)

Leather Dye. (Thickest and blackest)

From my experience, I would think the Harness Dressing would be about right to try as a top dressing. 

Then again, I think Witmer Coach in New Holland, PA sells a product called  “Renew Black Top Dressing”. #41-8015 in my catalog. It says for vinyl tops but it might work.  Results vary….Good Luck