high stop light bulb replacement?

OK, looked in the service manual, looked in my dealer parts manual and they both show two little screws that hold the assembly on the boot. Before I tear something up doing the unfamiliar, has anybody changed the bulb and found anything to watch out for? I've had to wait until I took the hardtop off to raise the boot to get access and then have had lots of rain after work and cold in the mornings, sniffle-cry! LOL, but today was great and this weekend is cruising weather, oh YEAH!

Hi Dave,

I had the same problem with my TC. The bulbs were all good, turns out the rivited electrical connection on the plastic block was rusted enough to stop the current passing to the bulbs. So I drilled out the rivit, cleaned the connection, and put in a small nut and bolt. That was two years ago, still works fine.

Stephen

Well, everything looked good on the rivets, no rust or corrosion at all. I put a test light on it and sure enough, the lights worked until I got to the rivet on the ground wire. Just touching the rivet and the aluminum strip at the same time made the lights work. I think the rivet just isn't crimped down enough to touch the aluminum. My temp fix was to insert a wire (flattened out) in between the ground side of one bulb and the other end I ran into the center of the rivet and out the other side. Put it all together and now the high lamp works just fine.