Can some one Help me identify this Car?

My grandfather and all of his buddies got there hands on this Buick Racer years ago. The car was ran around the farm, run off the road, modified and take about as far away from it's original state as possible before being forgotten in a rusted heap in a barn on the farm in VA, Beach. My dad wanted to try and bring her back to life, and paid a local guy in Maryland Easternshore to restore her the best he could. My dad was told it was a 1933 Buick racer "8". We couldn't find a picture of what the car looked like, so we had to wing it.(and with limited funds) I would like to know as much about the history of this car as possible and maybe a picture of her in the orginal state. I found a picture of a 33 Buick Shafer "8" which I guess was a modified buick racer by this Shafer guy, but the front body section where the engine goes was longer than our car. This won't let me post the picture, If you want a copy I'll e-mail it to you

Gabe,

No expert here, but several years ago, The Great American Race, which goes cross country each summer, had a Buick race car driven by a father and pre-teen daughter. They won their class, and all the advetising for that race used that Buick, with many pictures.

The race is heavily sponsored by Interstate Batteries, and is headquartered in Texas.

Just a thought, as cars in that event are most often stock.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Dale

You did not list your email address and it is not on your profile. If you send me a photo, I will attempt to help you. There may have been lots of Buicks converted to racers in the early days. They had a big powerful engine and it was well built. There were cars run at Indy with Buick engines and with that kind of publicity, there would be local races made to take advantage of the Buick stamina.