'55 4-door Hard Top--How many made?

brad54

I just found a rough, but complete '55 4-door hardtop (no door posts). I'm going back next week to look it over a little more thoroughly. Can anyone tell me how many were made? I don't need another project car, but I do need it's original A/C system, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the car if I get it.<BR>Thanks,<BR>-Brad

In 1955, Buick made 4 door hardtops in only the Special and Century models. Per my data, 66,409 Special Riviera Sedans (4 door hardtop) and 55,088 Century Riviera Sedans were manufactured. The following year, they made the Riviera Sedan available in the Roadmaster (I have one) and Super series as well.....hope this helps.

I pulled it off the internet from <A HREF="http://www.buicks.net," TARGET=_blank>www.buicks.net,</A> which is a Buick site that has classifieds, production run numbers, etc. Check it out. Also, you can get that data if you're in the Buick club, from their annual roster, as well as my trusty book Seventy Years of Buick.....lots of sources, once you start digging!

Guest Shaffer

Scooter is right. My grandfather has a 1955 Special Riveria 4-door hardtop. I researched it in the Buick book that Chapman was talking about. I looked it up in the library. I am going to get one of those books. They are neat to have. Their is a larger book, that covers all cars, that includes the exact same material on Buick. I have the one that covers all American cars somewhere. Only the Buick book gives more detail on Buicks. They also make a book just covering Ford, Pontiac, and Chevrolet. I am going to try to get them all. They are handy to have. I think it is a KRAUSE book. Good luck on the 55.