Horn,,, year, voltage, and for what car?

timecapsule

I recently came across this horn set that doesn't work.  I can get a small spark from one and nothing from the other.  After taking the first one apart, the build up of rust between the steel diaphragm and the horn body has bonded the two together, so that's at least one reason. I did a continuity test on the relay and I think it's working.

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone can identify them.  There are no makings or identification on them so I'm not sure if they are 12 or 6 volts.  The wires on the relay seem large making me think maybe they are 6 volt, but I don't get any spark when using a 6 volt battery.  I'm terrible at auto electrics, so maybe the relay being 3 prong, indicates that they are 6 volts?  However like I said they are both rust infested and I'm in the process of correcting that, but at least all the wiring seems to have good continuity. .

Cheers 

20221117_094843.jpg

20221117_094849.jpg

20221118_105000.jpg

20221118_105014.jpg

20221117_150735.jpg

I'm inclined to agree with you TerryB.  My 48 Chrysler horns have the same bracketry. However where they differ is that the trumpets are the same length on my '48, as opposed to these having different lengths.  But the piping coming off the horn body with these are the same length before they make the 90 degree bend.  On my '48 one of them is about 6 inches longer before it makes the 90 degree bend.  In the end, they probably have the same tone difference.  Maybe they are Desoto, or Plymouth or Dodge.