1929 Studebaker?

This is a photo on my father and what I believe to be a 1929 Studebaker. Can anyone verify this and offer any more info on the car? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I dont think the car is a Studebaker, but I could be wrong. The reason that leads me to think it is not is: The belt line, roof lines, bumper, and that there are no Studebakers coupe models like this one to my knowledge during the 1928-30 model years. The Studebaker model coupes during these years were what we would call a 5 window body style, the except to this was the "cabriolet" style that was a 3 window coupe with landau irons.

I think you are looking at a 1928 Essex. the "belt line", front opening doors, and the shape of the leading edge of the front fenders seem to indicate a Essex. The Hudsons are similar but the front fenders were a little different.

Dee

d

• 3 weeks later...

YES, I THINK IS A HUDSON OR ESSEX. I HAVE ONE AT MY FATHERS THAT LOOKS SIMALER. I'LL POST A PICTURE IF YOUR INTERESTED.. FRANK..

Guest Awini

i think the car is too small to be a hudson or a studebaker, it does not seem to be an essex, possibly its a late 1927 or 1928 erskine?