1956 super 88 no start..

Car was running great, has some minor issues with electrical, but always started up smooth everytime, overheated while sitting at idle, immediately shut it down, but didn't turn the key all the way off and burnt out the points, installed new points, new ignition coil, and Nothing!!! Soo frustrating, this is my first classic car, and it seems someone did some custom wiring , as the ignition switch is from a 57 and wobbles a bit, where do I start??? Could I have also burned out the distributor?? There was quote a bit of steam under the hood, 

Define "no start"? Does it crank and not fire, or not crank at all? If the latter, that is unrelated to the distributor.

Troubleshooting 101 says that if the car cranks but does  not fire, check for spark. If there is spark, the problem again is not the distributor. If there is no spark, figure out why. Is there 12V at the + terminal of the coil with the key in the START position, and about 9V with the key in the RUN position? How did you set the dwell when you installed the new points? You can still use a dwellmeter while cranking the engine, even if it doesn't run. Is the condenser shorted? A points-style ignition system has precious few failure modes. When neophytes replace points, failing to properly set the dwell or inadvertently introducing a short on the negative side of the coil are the two most common failures.