Lifting a 2 door Plymouth sedan

Briann

I am looking at a 2 post lift before spending over 3 grand what to make sure it will work on the 39 Plymouth 2 door sedan

Frame is in good shape was not sure if it will sage in front of the lifting arms in the front from the weight of the motor   . wanted a 4 post but don’t have room for one will get one when I move

First, what is the intended purpose/use for the lift ? Maintenance, repair & service or vehicle storage ? If mainly for storage, 4-post will suffice, but for anything else, especially brake/suspension/undercarriage/etc related work, 2-post is by far more practical/useful.

Second, what type of 2-post lift are you looking to acquire (pictures would help) ? Above or in ground ? Based on your pricing suggestion, I suspect above ground.

What type of location you have for it ? In- or outdoor ? If indoor, what ceiling height you have available ?

The most common/conventional commercial/industrial type 2-post lifts usually require 12 foot ceiling height.

But to answer your specific question, I have two 2-post lifts at my shop, one conventional above ground (stationary) and one horizontal/movable (unconventional ?) and have used both for everything from 1906 Holsman or 1930 L29 Sedan to pickup trucks or late model & vintage Ferraris, lifting off or setting on bodies to frames, etc, etc and see no reason why one couldn’t be used for ‘39 Plymouth, regardless of body style.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TTR said:

First, what is the intended purpose/use for the lift ? Maintenance, repair & service or vehicle storage ? If mainly for storage, 4-post will suffice, but for anything else, especially brake/suspension/undercarriage/etc related work, 2-post is by far more practical/useful.

Second, what type of 2-post lift are you looking to acquire (pictures would help) ? Above or in ground ? Based on your pricing suggestion, I suspect above ground.

What type of location you have for it ? In- or outdoor ? If indoor, what ceiling height you have available ?

The most common/conventional commercial/industrial type 2-post lifts usually require 12 foot ceiling height.

But to answer your specific question, I have two 2-post lifts at my shop, one conventional above ground (stationary) and one horizontal/movable (unconventional ?) and have used both for everything from 1906 Holsman or 1930 L29 Sedan to pickup trucks or late model & vintage Ferraris, lifting off or setting on bodies to frames, etc, etc and see no reason why one couldn’t be used for ‘39 Plymouth, regardless of body style.

It is with the cables on the ground 9000 lbs lifts 76 '' not sure yet if roller chain on cylinder or just cylinders don't have celling height but will just fit  and lift enough to do what i want this winter then move it out when i get the right building