ISO Ambler Brother's head that was for sale

hambler

Hello,

I did not make it to the swap meet this year, but through a friend of a friend, I learned that there was an Ambler Brothers Cylinder head for sale at the swap meet.  I attached a picture from IronTrap garage's YouTube video of the event, and they told me it was in the orange field, near the car corral. I am a direct descendent of the Ambler's, but unfortunately a lot of the information about their business did not get passed down through my family.  I have been looking for an Ambler head, or any Ambler Brothers parts, for many years now.  If anybody knows who had the head for sale, if it sold, who bought it, or generally any information about the Ambler Brothers I would love to learn anything I can!  We have a Model A ragtop pickup in the family that my great uncle bought new, and I would love to get my hands on an Ambler Brothers head to put on this car.  Thanks for any info in advance!

IMG_5604.jpg

Edited by hambler (see edit history)

• hambler changed the title to ISO Ambler Brother's head that was for sale

I sold an AMBLER head at Hershey within the last 10 years to a fellow that said he was related to the family. There were some great stories about the brothers garage in Philadelphia. Many Bugatti odds and ends came out of there, from the two GP cars that were fitted with Ford engines after the originals broke. 

Bob

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, 34pack said:

The Ambler head was for sale at a space in row CK in the Chocolate Field South. It was purchased by a collector from Southern California on Friday.

Any idea who that collector is, or what it sold for? I don't have any understanding of the value of these parts.

7 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

I sold an AMBLER head at Hershey within the last 10 years to a fellow that said he was related to the family. There were some great stories about the brothers garage in Philadelphia. Many Bugatti odds and ends came out of there, from the two GP cars that were fitted with Ford engines after the originals broke. 

Bob

Bob,  

The family isn't that big, and my dad has a pretty good grasp on it, so I'm pleasantly surprised to hear there is another family member interested and collecting these parts.  I've heard some stories about Bugatti stuff, and how they almost actually bought the Bugatti name, but am not familiar with the two GP cars, do you know any more about that story?