Edelbrock carburetor faulty choke? Need help!

I have an Edelbrock 1406 carburetor on a 350 chevy probably from auto zone from the previous owner and it gives me hell. I understand you are supposed to blip the throttle once and the choke should turn off. It idles at 1500-2000 rpms on a cold start and I blip the throttle and the revs drop. Yet as soon as i start driving my truck will idle at 1500 rpms and 800 when I have the brakes on and it will remain doing this even at normal operating temperature. The only time it turns off is if I rev the truck quite high and it will idle down to its regular 500 or so rpms. However, as soon as i take off again it idles high. It makes it more difficult to drive since it idles so high and pisses me off like crazy. I forgot to mention this only happens when the air temp outside drops. It was fine and didn't stick like this all summer and it idled down just fine but now the weather is getting cold again it started again. Everything is hooked up correctly and its been doing this since I bought it last november. Any ideas?

Edited by carter boaz (see edit history)

• carter boaz changed the title to Edelbrock carburetor faulty choke? Need help!
On 10/6/2022 at 4:17 PM, GARY F said:

Wait a little til it warms up fully.

This was my issue, Even after driving for long periods of time such as the 30 minute highway drive to my grandparents, I was still having this problem. Still wouldnt idle down even if I let it idle until operating temp.