Heading off to Hershey from NC tomorrow.

Professor

All,

@Steve9 and I are heading off to Hershey tomorrow at 0900.  With any luck, we will be able to meet some of you from the forum.  My cell is:

Please feel free to call me if you want to try and connect up.  I am pulling a 20’ travel trailer and will likely be parking it on the field.  This is my first time at Hershey, so I am uncertain what to expect… other than a bunch of fun!

Joe

Joe,

You are in for a real event.  Make sure you see the car show, at the weeks end. Usually held on the grass field at

the far end of the show. Plan on doing a huge amount of walking. Parking is going to cost you  a small  fortunate, or your AACA member ship.  I have no place at these events anymore trying to find deals on parts or free info.

In the past I went to every Hershey show.  I have a huge pile of wooden nickles to prove it. Back then, you could drive the turnpike for $5, gas was $10 round trip for me, and you were allowed to park on the side of the main road and camp. In the morning you could jump the snow fence and walk (Literally) 10 feet to the first vendor.  Now, I bet parking is $20 a day, and its a half hour walk to get a cross the road to the first vendor.  Turnpike tolls are out of this world, and gas... Just not worth it anymore.   Lastly, I have lots of friend who vend at this show.  They say its never been better for there sales...   SO, I highly advice to set a limits to what you spent, otherwise your retirement maybe gone at the end of the show.

If you find any 36 Chrysler Airstreams or parts let us know...

ERIC

• 2 weeks later...