RED FLAG TOUR in SOUTHEAST IOWA

Terry Wiegand

I am going to start this thread in the Pre-War Buick area because a lot of folks have heard it talked about on here and a lot of people frequent this topic.  Having lived in Northeast Iowa for quite a few years, we know all about the beautiful country that Iowa has to offer.  This tour just showcases that very clearly.  The first day of the tour was the longest at 135 miles and took us all the way down to Keokuk.  While traveling on The Mississippi River Road we passed through the town of Montrose.  I learned something that I absolutely did not know until this point - the Mississippi is the widest from its beginning in Minnesota to New Orleans right there and it's over one and a quarter miles wide.  The old man river is quite impressive at that point.  A lot of the folks took photos with their phones - I had my digital camera and got a few that way.  If any of the tour folks get a chance to see and read this - please post any photos that you may have taken.  Barbara and I missed the Friday run because I was sick with a nasty cold and watering eyes.  There hasn't been a hard freeze there yet and the corn has not been picked.  The pollen was running rampant and I was miserable.  Saturday was a much better day for me and the two days that we did travel with the group the Buick just ran wonderful.  We want to come back next year.  We hope that everyone will enjoy these photos.

Terry and Barbara Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Members #947918

P9221561.JPG

P9221562.JPG

P9221564.JPG

P9221565.JPG

P9241566.JPG

P9241567.JPG

P9241568.JPG

• Like 8