1926 Chrysler Model 50 Fedco plate

Tonz

Hi all, raising an old topic about the 1926 Fedco dash plates.

The plate on my car is long gone, it's tamper proof design means they crumble if you try to move it. So luckily I am able to use the engine number for registration purposes.

But I've heard some stories about this chassis number being actually stamped on the rear right side of chassis. Unfortunately when my car was at its bare bones stage I wasn't aware of the possibility it's original number could be there.

If anyone could show a photo of the location of the stamped number on the frame for a 26 model it would be very helpful.

I am planning to reproduce my plate using my skills as a tradesman hot metal printer, graphic desiger and using ferric chloride to deep etch copper plate.

The biggest issue is I need is my chassis number🥴

Currently my dash wears this old novelty copper plate which reads "PERSONS RIDING IN THIS CAR DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK"

IMG_20220922_202957~2.jpg

On the model 50 and 2 model 52's that I restored there were no numbers on the chassis frames. Even the Model G70 that I'm about to start restoring I have found no evidence of a chassis number.

I stand to be corrected but the fedco number was the cars serial number, and I do not think had anything to do with the chassis/frame numbering. 

If I were you I would look for an old model 50 dash that is lying around and use the fedco plate from it.  I'm sure there will be one in someones junk pile in the USA. I have a model 50 tourer dash with fedco plate lying in my junk pile, but the cost of shipping may be prohibitive.

Have you tried Jay Astheime if he has one for you??

Edited by viv w (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1