1963 Heater Temp control lever - new replacement!

Jim Cannon

Everyone with a full size '63 Buick (4400 - 4600 - 4700 - 4800 series) knows how the temp control lever (made of potmetal) breaks easily when the hot water valve sticks.

I have arranged to have a limited number of new levers fabricated out of steel.  See picture below for one of the prototypes. That is a 1 inch grid that they are laying on. I'm not sure how he cuts the metal but it is very precise, like water jet. The angles are crisp.  It's a very professional job, done by a machinist that does high-end stuff every day.

The attached drawing from the Buick Master Chassis Parts book helps to show which part is being made here (highlighted yellow).

The pin that all the levers pivot on is easily driven out from the underside.  Swap the new lever in for the broken one, and tap the pin back in.  Not too tight.

If you are interested in getting one, please let me know. I will start a list and send them out in that order until they are gone.

The cost is $65 + $10 postage to anywhere in the USA.  Overseas will be at actual postage cost.

You can reply here or you can email me directly at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com

Feel free to reach out with questions.  I'm not making any money on these, just recovering my costs.

Heater Control Assembly Buick Full Size.jpg

IMG_0454.jpeg

Edited by Jim Cannon (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the reproduction steel levers in hand from the machinist.  They are a work of art.  If you need one for your '63 or '64 full size Buick (but not the '64 Riviera) contact me at 63Rivvy (at) gmail (dot) com

• 4 weeks later...

I have now sold 15 of these temp control levers out of my 30 unit run. That's all there will be, so if you want one, please get back to me ASAP.  Once they are gone, the shop does not want to make any more. (Too small of a job for them.)

I have a few orders from Australia that I will bundle into a single shipment, so if you want one, please get on my list.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, gang. Sales have gone well. I now have just 7 of these new replacement Temp Control levers left for the '63 Full-size Buicks and the '64 Full-size Buick EXCEPT the '64 Riviera (uses a different HVAC control).

If you need one, let me know. When they are gone, they're gone. My fabricator will not be making any more. (Not worth his time.). When the original potmetal lever brakes, you are hosed.

65 USD plus postage to you.  I just mailed one the Denmark yesterday.

• 5 months later...