Vehicle #

1919 Touring

I have a 1919 Touring Car and am trying to locate the vehicle # that is supposed to be stamped on the frame behind the front passenger spring mount and/or under the passenger side floor board.  No luck at either place.  Is there someone who would not mind sharing a photo of your # on the frame?  I have had to do this (3) other times for the DMV, but had no problem finding them on my 1971 Corvette or my (2) 1949 Cadillacs.  Need help, please!!!  I have to have a State Trooper come to the house to verify before the state will release the title.  Have found the body # and the engine #.

For 1919 it is stamped on the crossmember under the front seat main floorboard right side top. There could have also been a tag on the toe board, same side. The number on the frame is in fairly large numbers. You may have to take a wire brush to the area. 

Engine number is just an engine number and is or could be 30-50,000 off from the serial number. (I have seen that range of numbers depending on who is telling it or what you read)

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sometimes looking at the location with different light sources, is how I saw my VIN on the frame. I sanded the rust very gently and got the area smooth enough, but still pitted from the rust. I used a couple different flashlights and position of the flashlights to find the sneaky numbers on my 1924 Touring.  I also tried to do a pencil rub of the area, no luck. Use a LED, and/or regular light bulb drop light and/or a COBB flashlights  I hope this helps a little