NOT MINE: Interesting BUICK Pace Car Coming Up at Owl's Head Auction

Here's a link to a '86 BUICK LeSabre Convertible Pace Car coming up for auction soon at the Owl's Head Transportation Museum auction in Maine. I believe all the cars are consigned, and this auction is simply a fundraising event for the museum. From what I understand, they get a commission from the auction company.

I don't know anything about these cars, but thought the Turbocharged emblem on the fender was interesting. Not many photos for any of the cars being auctioned. No interior or engine compartment photos for the BUICK, although it appears to have a blue cloth interior. 

https://auction.owlshead.org/listing/1986-buick-lesabre-unocal-76-pace-car/

I see this car last sold in 2019 at the MECUM auction in Indy. Here's a link to that auction which includes many more photos and additional info. I'm sure one of the gang here can log into the MECUM site and get the sold price for us. John

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-368999/1986-buick-lesabre-pace-car/

86530659_Buickpacecar.jpg.b01685a039a36455a808a83859f463af.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

Looked at the Mecum result it does not say that it sold but the high bid is $15k so maybe a back room deal

in the Turbo years Buick had 2, 6 emblems one was the Turbo emblem with 2 colors like on the Grand National

then there was the non turbo 6 emblem that looks the same but is one color those were on the Lesabre Grand National and 86 Century GS

This is a really neat car and unusual the convertible was done aftermarket even if done through GM

it has a digital dash and buckets with a nonshift console

this would look really cool in someone's collection and with the heritage i am sure in certain parts of the country a real hit

always thought these one off cars were real neat