53 Buick Special front seat cushion bottom removable from seat frame?

Joseph P. Indusi

Is the seat bottom removable from the seat frame on a 1953 Special 45R?  I know the seat backs are easily removed and also the rear seat bottom cushion is but I do not know about the front seat bottom cushion.   Any insights into this would be appreciated.

Joe, BCA 33493

Edited by Joseph P. Indusi
Spelling error (see edit history)

• Joseph P. Indusi changed the title to 53 Buick Special front seat cushion bottom removable from seat frame?
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 7:55 AM, Joseph P. Indusi said:

Is the front seat bottom removable from the front seat frame on a 1953 Special 45R? 

No. The seat bottom is integral with the seat frame. 

The complete front seat bottom (cushion) assembly . . . consisting of the steel frame, zig-zag springs (sinuous springs), burlap, foam padding and upholstery fabric . . . can be removed only by unbolting the complete assembly from the outer-two seat adjuster assemblies.

The picture below is of the underside of a 1953 Buick 76X front seat cushion assembly minus the two outer sliding adjuster assemblies . . . your 40-series front seat cushion should be similar.

1202294150_1-frontseatsprings4-001.jpg.ea06c3b8d921acab4df5838f503ef0e6.jpg

Starting on page 128 of a 1953 Buick Product Service Bulletins' booklet, additional details for a 1953 Buick 40-series front seat can be found. Let me know if you don't have this booklet. 

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1