1930,s vintage electric windshield deicer NOS

bwbugay

Found in a old building along with a lot of other auto parts , this electric windshield  ( sleetchaser )  made by   THE ZAIGER Corp.  Lynn Mass.  It is about 16" x 8.5" glass size.

in its original box  .  $130 + ship.   email me for more info  bwbugay@aol.com

DSCN3336.JPG

DSCN3337.JPG

DSCN3339.JPG

DSCN3340.JPG

DSCN4107.JPG

Edited by bwbugay (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to take a picture of the directions please?  I've tried to blow up the image but it gets too distorted to read.  I think the first line says to attach it to the inside of the window.  Looking at the ends of the wires, I'm thinking it would wire into the car battery, is that correct?  As opposed to 110 extension cord running from the house.  Is it something you would leave in place as the car was going down the road?  

On 12/27/2022 at 10:51 PM, timecapsule said:

Is it possible to take a picture of the directions please?  I've tried to blow up the image but it gets too distorted to read.  I think the first line says to attach it to the inside of the window.  Looking at the ends of the wires, I'm thinking it would wire into the car battery, is that correct?  As opposed to 110 extension cord running from the house.  Is it something you would leave in place as the car was going down the road?  

I had used one, newer, but similar when I drove a 1956 Triumph TR-2, and also a 1958 Morgan.

They attached to the inside of the windshield, tied into the car's electrical system, and were used while driving, as well as while warming up (the car - I never got warm in those during New Jersey winters and a 60 mile commute from Linden to West Long Branch, and return).

The one on the passenger side once fell off of the TR-2 windshield and onto my date's lap.

I don't recall seeing her again!

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

I had used one, newer, but similar when I drove a 1956 Triumph TR-2, and also a 1958 Morgan.

They attached to the inside of the windshield, tied into the car's electrical system, and were used while driving, as well as while warming up (the car - I never got warm in those during New Jersey winters and a 60 mile commute from Linden to West Long Branch, and return).

The one on the passenger side once fell off of the TR-2 windshield and onto my date's lap.

I don't recall seeing her again!

Do you blame her! Getting coffee spilt on your lap is one thing, but live electrical wires is something else.  😆 

Both those cars are awesome.  My friend has a Morgan of that vintage and I've always been partial to the TR-3. 

I can see how the suction cups would have trouble sticking to the windshield with temperature change and damp conditions as in condensation etc.  I would assume that you would have a quick disconnect coupler in the wiring so it could easily be removed for warmer days.

• Like 1