Genuine Chevrolet piston rings-how many

roysboystoys

Likely a full set (it says complete set) for 6 cyl car, and .020 oversize would likely not suggest there is more than one set in there, likely each wrapped in protective wax type paper, but who knows. Does can rattle? It would be interesting to see if they have remained in perfect condition in what may not be a perfectly sealed container.

2 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Likely a full set (it says complete set) for 6 cyl car, and .020 oversize would likely not suggest there is more than one set in there, likely each wrapped in protective wax type paper, but who knows. Does can rattle? It would be interesting to see if they have remained in perfect condition in what may not be a perfectly sealed container.

It also says " Grooved oil rings" , that's what made me raise the question. No rattle

Thanks

I think oil rings came in a couple of different styles, grooved and "wrinkly" (my word not theirs!). Lack of rattle suggests they are likely wrapped for protection. amazing the things that show up on here. Hard to say how far back the package dates, GM was likely selling these into the 50's/60's

13 hours ago, bwbugay said:

1935 Chevy parts books shows that part number   for  1933 only      and 18 rings  .   or a full set.

Thanks for taking the time to research it. I have them posted on the VCCA forum classified.

Maybe someone can use them.

makes an interesting display piece as is.