Franklin 1934 advertising in New York City area

Walt G

Although not a "hard" object like a mascot, hubcap, emblem lamp, etc. there are many sources to look at /research  beyond the sales promotional pieces that the car or coach work manufacturer issued.  Many larger newspapers in cities would have advertisements in the regular Sunday editions or even special Automobile sections that were supplements to the newspapers during new car announcement times in the year. Here is what appeared in the New York Times on January 7, 1934. This is courtesy my fellow research friend in N.J. Jim Pearsall. Although Jim is a long time Packard guy he saves things on pre war cars for me or alerts me to know that they exist. I have had this from him since 1997! now you have and can see it. This could be the subject for a lengthy story.  This is for the new 1934 Franklins and lists the local dealers that were still in existence at that time.

Note the name Franklin Pase Company - I was friends with Wes Pase whose father owned the string of Franklin dealerships on long island and in Manhattan - most interesting to talk to and see the period photographs of the cars and the dealership buildings they had. My conversations with Wes were over 40 years ago but remain alive in my memory from a man whose family did very well in their sales of the Franklin motor car.

FRANKLN1934adnews.jpg

FRANKLINad1934part2.jpg

• Like 2