Minnesota Barn Find Collection - $350,000

Yes Thank You George hopefully I will see you at an event this summer in MN.  To B Jake, I was surprised at how supple the vinyl in the interior still is.  I hade the opportunity to restore a 62 Thunderbird sport roadster and a 1959 Skyliner, so these tops no longer scare me.  This top however does have the best designs in some of the switches that I have seen.  The round one that Gear head is talking about is a bit perplexing and has been a little quirky.  The car at every turn is cleaning up very nice. Only two mouse nests one by the spare tire and one in the air cleaner.   Neither nest made a real impact on the car, but Supercub was correct the mice get into everything and do the most destruction.  I have also been hearing background noise that galvanized Barns cause damage to paint i.e. checking, cracking and pealing. a small amount as witnessed on this car and others.  May be another good topic of discussion for people buying barn cars

Also thank you to Gearhead I will be ordering my Waldron's exhaust today (long lead time but I think worth it)

1 hour ago, Carmambo said:

The round one that Gear head is talking about is a bit perplexing and has been a little quirky.

I have rebuilt a few of these switches so let me know if you run into any issues. I can even share the design for my custom reassembly fixture. Raw materials are readily available but you have to drink the contents first. Or I could drink a few for you if you prefer. 😀

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Just installed new Waldron Exhaust.  now not only does it smell like a mouse its as quiet as one too!  I was floored by the inside of the unibody as well as anywhere the undercoating has worn off,  it is Zinc Chromate primer from the factory 

IMG_2025[1].JPG

IMG_2028[1].JPG

• Like 1