What cars and years used A Warner Gear Co. T-86-1 transmission? 1939,1940,1941 Huppmobile Skylark and Graham Hollywood did. Who else?

George Albright

Hi Guys. Just bought a spare T-86-1 Warner transmission as a spare for my newly acquired 1941 Hupmobile Hollywood. Even Stamped "HUPP" on the top cover. Graham Hollywood also used them. I dont have a Hollander Interchange manual. Anyone else know?  Late 30s Grahams and Hupmobiles might have,dont know. Thanks,George Albright Ocala,Fla.  cell weekdays 352 843 1624  email  gnalbright@gmail.com   PS Yes I am joining the Graham and Hupp Clubs!

I know a  lot  of  other  makes of  cars used  Warner transmissions. I  can  only  speak for  Hupmobile. The  T-86  Warner  transmission  was  used in the  1935-36  model  G  Hupp. It also  had  an  over drive  on  some  of  them  that  Hupp called  Super  Drive. It  reduced the  engine  rpm  30 %. If  out  of  over  drive if the  engine rpm  was  3,000, engage the  over  drive  and  the  engine  speed was reduced to  2,000. I  have  this  same  over  drive  in my  1936  Model  N Hupp   and it  works  as the  name  says  Super  Drive. Now  the  G  model  Hupp is  a 6 cyl as your  model  R  Skylark, If your  model R  Skylark has  a Warner  T-86  transmission I  would  say  you  may  be able to  add an overdrive but  I  have  know  knowledge that any model R  Skylark  was equipped with 1 but  maybe an  owner  of  a Skylark   can speak to  that. My  1936 Hupp Model N is  an 8 cyl.  with  a Warner  T -85 unlike  the  Model  G  Hupp 6  cyl.