Dodge Viper, need information

Avanti Bill

I have a thought that I might want to purchase one of these cars and I have very little knowledge of the differences in the different years and models.  Mostly I would like to know what to stay away from and where the bodies are buried.  I am curious about the pricing as it runs from $30,000 to $400,000.  Obviously the newer cars are more money and the models vary the price but the range seems large.  I guess I am trying to find the sweet spot for price vs. age and condition.  

Hagerty Drivers Club member magazine (Oct. 2021) did a 28 page spread all about vipers and featured the "ultimate Viper collector", Bill Blewett. The article was written and photographed by Cameron Neveu who might be able to be contacted through Haggerty.

If you can't find a copy, PM me and I'll send you the one I have.

Seek out and join the relevant club for these cars and attend a few events.  Most owners love to talk about their cars and offer their perspectives, you may get overloaded with info.  You may want to prepare a list of questions beforehand so you cover all of your desired topics.