57 Fuel Pump

364nailhead

A 1957 Buick used a Rebuildable style Fuel Pump --- not a crimp style pump (those started in 1959).....

What is the part number on the flange ??

I have one (1) N.O.S. *** New *** 1957 - 1958 Buick Nailhead Fuel Pump 

--- N.O.S. ONLY --- No outfit / company has manufactured the correct Fuel Pump in over two decades..... (had it with me at Fall Carlisle and HERSHEY,  but with NO Swedish crowd there --- naturally no 1957 & 1958 Buicks at my counter for the full two weeks.....)

Always best to simply call me --- 516 - 485 - 1935 --- Craig ...New York...

57 and 58 did have the rebuildable style, but the ones that are sold in stores and online now are crimp.  My trouble with these, is that they don't slip into the hole without loosening the engine mount and jacking it up on the passenger side.  Otherwise they work just fine. 

Or you can have your old pump rebuilt.

Or you can buy Craig's NOS one.

As far as the arm being bent like that, I can't be sure.  Pull the old one and compare.

Well, the arms were the same. The old one has the spring in the back of the arm. While the new one had it up front underneath the arm. Which scared me when I looked at both of them thinking the spring on the old one came out while twisting it upside down and every which way to get it out. Other then that it went okey! No leaks!! Yah!!

IMG_20211110_143802346_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211110_174448926.jpg

• Like 5