Newsletter Filler

24T42

If you are like me, you are always looking for filler for the newsletter. I have added several items to the Junior web page that might help you out.

In the Mileposts section - I am adding a section 'On this Day' where you can find out what happened on a particular day in automotive history. Right now, February is the only month on-line. More will be added after I get back from Philadelphia.

I added a copy of a 1905 book called Motor Goose Rhymes for Motor Ganders. This is a parody of the Mother Goose Rhymes and the alphabet done on an automotive theme. The poems are short and some quite funny.

I hope to see many of you in Philly!

Here's the link to the Junior AACA web page

It was great to see everyone again in Philly. I appreciate your suggestion to use the Junior site for filler, Judy. As you know from our conversation, I beat you to the punch. I've already included one of the Motor-Goose pages in our January issue of The Beam, and plan to use more as time/space allows.

By the way, I've challenged our son Scott to locate some of the content for our next Kid's Page by looking at the Junior Website. I'm interested to learn what strikes a nine-year-old's fancy.

Jan K.

Wis REgion

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

As far as filler goes, I know a thing or two about it. I spoke about "How to get material for your newsletter" a few years ago at Philly. Try the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. www.nhtsa.gov

www.Goodyear.com and www.Firestone.com have good stuff, your states DMV will have good items, in NY renewals usually have great little filler items.