Power bucket seat assembly

GS340

Glenn,

The GS 340 was a 1 year only offer from Buick in 1967. Body colors were limited to either white or platinum mist. Production was at 3692, unknown how many were of each color. Based on the Special model, not the Skylark, they were accented with a red rallye stripe from the fender louvers to the end of the rear quarters. The GS 340 also had 2 non-functional hood scoops which were red with chromed inserts. The rear decklid molding was also accented with red, and to top it all off, red 14x6 GM rallye wheels with Buick tri-shield center caps. the interior was as plain jane as you can get, bench seat with very little pattern to them or the door panels, compared to the Skylark/GS400. The 340 4 barrel was rated at 260 hp, and wasn't much of a performer. Theres not to much literature around on this model, in fact most brochures and manuals dont even list the model number of 43417. The only brochure, other than magazine ads, that I have seen in the 16 years I own mine, is called "The Machines". This gave you the breakdown on the GS340/GS400 models only.

Hope I enlightened you a little about this sometime forgotten "poor man's musclecar". Feel free to e-mail me privately for more info if you're interested.

Thanks for the interest,

Chris

By the way, any power buckets out there?