1930 peerless 4 dr sedan 6 cyl barn find

Tim perkins

I have some pictures of my dads 1930 peerless. It’s been in the barn since 1960 or so it has a bad Babbitt  it is rough but it’s a complete car including the wood floor. It has an extra set of headlights also along with the driving lights I will post the pictures here and I have more but I can only post 3 here. It’s in the back of the barn and would take a couple of days to get it out and I will if anyone is serious about the car. It does have the wooden wheels and they are intact. It was last outside in the early 2000’s when it was moved from one barn to another. 

89F0A7BA-EC40-4117-BBFC-85B364E102A0.jpeg

73B20CB7-C9D7-4AE3-ABAA-455859D14CC3.jpeg

E913F962-9B60-47CB-A0A8-2E555988AA87.jpeg

Edited by Tim perkins (see edit history)

I didn't notice the 6-cylinder part of your heading at first, so it would most likely be a 6-61 or 6-81.

The car looks a lot like the Peerless Six-81 someone had for sale on a thread starting 2/25/15. "6-Cyl Sedan in Barn since 1961". Kate P. was about to go overseas, and trying to sell it for her Dad. Photos of both the serial number plates and the sedan outside were included. Car Serial #: 81   C-813,153; traces of old green paint. I had a few nice conversations with Kate on the Peerless Forum and by PM, between February and August. She used the name Katep here and said in a PM that she was moving to Korea.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1