Can Rock Auto parts be trusted to be OEM quality?

mike6024

do not buy parts online and never have.  I buy 99% of my parts from my locally owned NAPA store which has AWESOME counter people!  If I get a wrong part, I want to be able to go back to the same counter, and hopefully the same person and usually with the original part in hand, to show them what I got was wrong, can't do that when ordering off the computer.  If NAPA can't get the part I need, they will try to find it for me from other sources and if possible, order it to come to the store.  I don't mind paying more and I don't mind having to pay NAPA for the shipping.  Granted, my vehicles are not as old as most members vehicles are, and most parts are still readily available through local parts stores.  I needed a transmission mount for the Brougham and NAPA couldn't source it from anywhere, went to O'Reilly's who said they could get it, but when it arrived, it was incorrect, went to AutoZone (with original) and they said they had it and it would be there the next day, it was and was exactly correct.  I don't mind the time, or the gas used to drive to a store to talk to someone in person to buy something.  As my wife who buys everything online, says I'm "An Old Fart" who doesn't like change.  

Tim         

• Like 2