Standard to deluxe interior

TurquoiseMist65

I have a 1965 standard interior power windows,power vents and seat. I want to keep my standard door frames(I want to keep the turqoise mist patina). Has anyone drilled the holes for the rear door paddles and attached an angle to attach the armrest? Photos, comments, wiring solution suggestions etc welcome

I am in the process of doing this. I havent yet ventured to retrofitting the door panels (deluxe armrests and switch plates), but i have installed the dual door opening linkage and lock assembly and i have converted from manual windows to power. As long as you have the deluxe door to transfer everything over it is quite straighfoward. My doors were from a 65 and i have a 64.

Nick

20200425_171429.jpg

20200425_171433.jpg

Somewhere in the distant past a previous owner swapped out the standard interior on my '65 w a complete deluxe interior, (minus the rear door paddles). I didn't realize this for many years, not being a checker of numbers at the time. The revelation came one day when I realized there should be door handles protruding from those odd slots in the armrest. After acquiring new ones I then discovered there was nothing to attach them to. Fortunately I was able to find entire linkages for both doors on eBay, but then found no mounting points for them. What I did find was crudely fabricated brackets spot welded on to the doors to accept the deluxe door cards.  I scratched my head over that for many more years. To be exact, until just now, when I read Nick's entry about needing the deluxe door & saw his photos, which appear to show dedicated mounting points for the door release linkage. It may be possible to drill holes and make it work, but it went beyond my pay scale. I made the handles dummies by mounting them to the doorcards. Don't tell nobody. Nobody rides back there anyway. Don't know if that sheds any light on your problem. If you're successful in mounting the linkages to standard door please let us know. I'll dig those things out of the shed & start drillin'.   Good Luck! Drew