Check this Out

Guest Buick Mike

It is not one of a kind. It's an SLP conversion. Anyone can take a Regal GS to SLP Engineering and get it done. The price, even with the rebate, is too high. High 13's are questionable.

Mike

Guest Buick Mike

Grand Nation... I don't know if that's to confuse people or what.

A stock '86/87 GN ran low, low 14's (some did dip into the 13's) with 245HP* but 355 lb-ft torque. It was also RWD and launched like a beast. This car has only (supposedly) 280 lb-ft and is FWD. My guess is mid/high 14's with street tires.

*some stock GN's were dyno'd closer to 280HP. Supposedly Buick underrated this engine so as not to [censored] off the Corvette division... but who really knows...

Mike

High 13's is possible with a stock looking late model Regal. I have seen two Regals and one GTP run 13's at Bowling Green the last two years. The one guy I struck up a conversation with had a free flow single exhaust and cat., the left headlight was removed and a sealed air box installed behind it, some sort of chip or reprogrammed ECM/PCM, small pulley on the supercharger, he had the front springs pulled down to reduce the rise of the front end and drag radials. It was a very plain looking Regal but went like stink.

Guest Buick Mike

Well, maybe the new GTO platform will eventually be shared allowing Buick to bring back the GN. If that happens, and Buick holds to form and does it right, they won't be able to build enough of them.

Mike