Does a National Registry exist for present day Mercers ?

jbucking

I was wondering if any sort of a national registry exists for existing Mercer Automobiles ? My grandfather, George Lydy, of Chicago Junction, Ohio (now called Willard, Ohio) owned the Mercer Raceabout in the attached photo. The license plate seems to be from 1920/21. Unfortunately I do not know, and have not been able to discover a serial number or additional information. There are many great stories in our family regarding the car and his exploits. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

FB_IMG_1614283110156 (002).jpg

There is an (intern)national roster of Mercer cars/owners kept by a member of the Mercer Associates.  The list is not made public out of respect for the privacy of the owners.   In 1954 there were 106 cars identified; the current list has just over 140 cars.   I don't know when your grandfather sold his car, but I checked and his name does not show up in any of the lists. 

In order to see if his car survived you really need to know it's chassis/engine serial number or possibly have the names of subsequent owners.  You might check with the AACA library to see if they have 1920/21 registration lists for Ohio as they have for some other states.  These lists often have the license plate number, owner name and address and engine or chassis serial number.

I believe the original post said the car was owned by an individual who lived in Ohio.  I don't see any other posts "below this one" discussing California...?  In any case, neither chassis S/N 1287 nor engine S/N 1287 show up as a survivor in the roster.