Need any 1931 DB DH6 engine parts?

keiser31

Tearing down an extra DB DH6 engine and will have parts left over. If you need something, let me know. The main crankshaft caps and shells are spoken for. There is no water pump or gooseneck.

14 hours ago, Doozer said:

Hi John, If the oil pump screen is in good shape and available I would like to buy it. Thanks, Rick in NC

You need just the screen or the cup it fits into also?

Thanks John, I don’t need the cup, just the screen as pictured. I’ll buy it. PM me your payment info and I’ll get you payed. No hurry at all on shipping as I’m down till springtime. Going through brakes next. Any insights or tips are appreciated, as I know you recently did them on one of your cars. Did you have the cylinders sleeved?

I realized the rears are stepped. How did you deal with that? I read here about the good crush washers and saved that info somewhere, I’ll find that part of it. I’m leaning towards dot-5 and conifer lines. Maybe just flush and dot-3...    Rick

1 hour ago, Doozer said:

Thanks John, I don’t need the cup, just the screen as pictured. I’ll buy it. PM me your payment info and I’ll get you payed. No hurry at all on shipping as I’m down till springtime. Going through brakes next. Any insights or tips are appreciated, as I know you recently did them on one of your cars. Did you have the cylinders sleeved?

I realized the rears are stepped. How did you deal with that? I read here about the good crush washers and saved that info somewhere, I’ll find that part of it. I’m leaning towards dot-5 and conifer lines. Maybe just flush and dot-3...    Rick

I got new wheel cylinders and I have yet to see stepped cylinders on my 1931 DB. I got a new master also. Adjusted the shoes and bled the lines using DOT3. Kept existing lines. I will PM you about the screen. 

35 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I got new wheel cylinders and I have yet to see stepped cylinders on my 1931 DB. I got a new master also. Adjusted the shoes and bled the lines using DOT3. Kept existing lines. I will PM you about the screen. 

I haven’t pulled the drums yet, thought I read somewhere that rears were stepped cylinders. I bought a new master and will be using that. I’ll look over the existing original and decide if I want to rebuild it to put back on at some point.

Just now, Doozer said:

I haven’t pulled the drums yet, thought I read somewhere that rears were stepped cylinders. I bought a new master and will be using that. I’ll look over the existing original and decide if I want to rebuild it to put back on at some point.

I have HEARD of the rear cylinders being stepped, I just have not come across any on my two '31 DH6s.

• Thanks 1