Looking for 1929 Cadillac Coupe

Ralph Schmidt

When I was in college in 1978, I meet a man named Elwood Welch in Oregon City Oregon.

Elwood had a car collection of about 13-14 cars....Leland Lincolns, a couple Packards, an MG, a 30 Model A coupe and a 1929 Cadillac Coupe..mohair interior, unrestored. Elwood passed away in the early 80's and the collection was auctioned. Does anyone know who owns the Cadillac?? or where it might be ???

Hi Ralph. Frank Hurley who lives across the river North of Portland may very well know. If not , he will know who does know. Oh ! And of course our very own Mark Shaw here on the forums is right there too, and runs in some of the same circles. Yes. That is where I would start. Send Mark a private message through the forum, and tell him Cadillac Carl put you up to it ! 

In checking the current CLC international directory, I see 7 1929 Fisher coupes, one Fleetwood. One Fisher is here in Washington , owned by a fairly recent member. Perhaps some chance the car stayed in the neighborhood. We are not permitted to share contacts with non-members without consent, so I will send him an email for you. 

Welcome to AACA, Ralph ! I wish you luck in your search. Please do let us know how you get on. Also, whether you own a Cadillac or not, you are welcome to join CLC, (in fact I think complimentary 6 month memberships are being offered), and in any case, CLC forums are free and opened to all, just as AACA.    -   Cadillac Carl