Front speakers on 75 Delta

Anyone know the size of original front dash speakers in a 75 Delta 88 convertible with am/fm 4 speaker Stereo. I know the back ones are 6 x 9 but need to identify the front size specification. Looks like fun to get to those babys but thought I'd by the replacements before tearing it apart.

Piece of cake. I did our convertables 3 years ago so its been awhile. As I recall those little grates pry right up. Most of the wood grain dash panels are that way. They have 3 or 4 steel studs that have "ribs" on them. They push through clips and are held in place by the ribs. Hard to explain but they will come up easily. Just bring the whole grate up evenly. Protect your brittle dash pad with a thin strip of wood or some stacked thickness of cardboard or some other creative way. Maybe use a two small screwdrivers one each corner to pry but really dont pry on the unprotected dash pad.

I forget the size speakers 2 3/4 or something. Pretty small. I think they have 3 or 4 small cap screws then just the wire plug. I got some cheap replacements at Walmarts , but I'm sure someone somewhere sells a higher quality speaker. In fact I've seen them but I cant remember where.

Very "timely" post anonymous! The 1975 dash speakers are 3-1/2 round. www.crutchfield.com will show you a nice assortment of quality replacements.

Be careful prying the grilles up. Those dash covers are bad for cracking. Two ribbed studs hold them in and the speakers can be removed from the top. Simply pull them and the wiring up thru the opening and unplug them from the radio harness, then solder the wires from the old speakers to the new ones. Reconnect to the radio wiring, screw them down, replace the grilles and let it rock.

If you have a Tempmatic car you'll need to work with the aspirator tube that is attached to the RH speaker grille. It can be a little tricky to get back in just right, but nothing impossible.

Thanks guys. I was looking at it last night and noticed the gap around the grilles. A couple light pries with a screwdriver later - bingo! I bought a Pioneer supertuner that will fit nicely in the glovebox and Friday wrestled the original 6x9s out and replaced with three way Kenwoods. Wanna get this baby rocking but preserve its unmolested state. 79k orig miles and truly a beatiful specimen. All orig except new top and superb repaint in 91. True cruising machine but the orig am/fm only works on one channel. Thanks again.