1988 Reatta {reduced}

1988 Silver Reatta in very, very good condition. 143K. New tires, air reconditioned, belt, brakes and lots more. Tape player reconditioned too. Garaged since purchased from owner in NC three yrs. ago. Everything works great except r. blinker sticks. Send email or call for current photos. Houston, TX rcarnold@sbcglobal.net. MBL: 281 923 1018.

Reduced to $1,200.00

1988 Silver Reatta in very, very good condition. 143K. New tires, air reconditioned, belt, brakes and lots more. Tape player reconditioned too. Garaged since purchased from owner in NC three yrs. ago. Everything works great except r. blinker sticks. Send email or call for current photos. Houston, TX rcarnold@sbcglobal.net.

Guest Motu 56

I just spoke with the owner of the above mentioned 88 Reatta. The owner wants $4950. Somebody thought it would be funny to post the reduced price of $1200.

This is a case in point why we should only have registered users on this forum.

I had already sent a check off to the owner when he called to tell me that the

posting was incorrect. Please post responsibly.

<span style="font-weight: bold">There's nothing to keep someone with larceny on their minds to register using a fictious name and posting something that was apparently too good to be true, and getting a check sent to them.

The rca sender's address can be tracked. RCA's email address was logged in on this forum's server when he posted the fictious message. Or at least the ISP being used was logged on, and from that, rca. Posters to the forum should realize they are not truly anonymous just because they don't register. </span>

Chazzman

My original posting under "rca" was actually me w/ the proper email address of rcarnold@sbcglobal.net. The subsequent "rca" postings that "reduced" the price was not me. That's where the problem arises. Since this happend, I've have registered. Too bad this kind of issue even comes up on an adult site. Might expect it on a kids sites. Bob Arnold

The problem is that we can't keep kids off the forum, I'm changing my mind on anonymous posters. I originally thought they should be allowed, maybe they could be allowed one post and then be required to register to continue.

I'm sure most of the regulars would advise them to register or go away.

This could do away with people like the "price reducer". mad.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bob,

Appreciate the reply, thanks.

The second rca can be tracked but since no crime was committed, what purpose would be served? I've noticed that there are quite a few young people on the forum, most seem responsible and contribute info and ideas. There seems to always be a few to mess things up for the others. Perchance the 2nd rca got a perverse thrill?? What a fetish. LOL!!</span>

I belong to both the BCA and the Reatta Division; however, at the present time I like to sign on as "Anonymous". My feeling on this is that it should be OK. True, some persons go out of their way to be disruptive and/or dishonest. I'm sure this could also be true of non-anonymous users also. I'm also not to sure that a 1988 Reatta with 147,000 miles is worth much more than $1,200.00. I cannot imagine that a person, using common sense, would send a check for $1,200.00 to another person without first making sure they will accept the dollar amount for the vehicle. Hey, I got three red 1988 Reatta's for sale and would gladly take $1,200.00 for each one.