'65 Riv window glass rubber stabilizers?

DShoes

Hi All. I'm replacing my driver side primary glass on my '65 and want to clean, lube, and freshen up everything while I have the door skin off. I noticed these rubber gaskets are very thinned and likely need replacing (see photos). They are found where the base of the glass meets the horizontal lifting points. I have no idea what they are called so sourcing new ones is a little challenging. If they are verging on "unobtainium" or crazy expensive what do folks think of using silicone rubber tape cut to size? I assume the primary goal is grip and glass vibration control, which it seems the rubber tape would do.

Also, on the lubricant, what's the consensus on silicone spray vs. white lithium spray/grease? Thanks, David.

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

1 hour ago, DShoes said:

Hi All. I'm replacing my driver side primary glass on my '65 and want to clean, lube, and freshen up everything while I have the door skin off. I noticed these rubber gaskets are very thinned and likely need replacing (see photos). They are found where the base of the glass meets the horizontal lifting points. I have no idea what they are called so sourcing new ones is a little challenging. If they are verging on "unobtainium" or crazy expensive what do folks think of using silicone rubber tape cut to size? I assume the primary goal is grip and glass vibration control, which it seems the rubber tape would do.

Also, on the lubricant, what's the consensus on silicone spray vs. white lithium spray/grease? Thanks, David.

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

Those are the insulators between the glass itself and the mounting bracket...usually dont disassemble those fasteners to remove the glass and they therefore stay in place. I generally remove the glass with the mounting brackets still fastened to the glass itself. They were always very thin gaskets.....

Make sure the diecast pivot arm on the rt hand side of your pic is lubed and free to move...often the pivot point seizes up and the arm breaks

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

Took everything apart too. But not that far apart haha. Your idea of using rubber tape “should” work. My first thought was to buy a thin sheet of rubber at your local hobby shop, use the old ones as a template & cut new ones 

as for lube, i used both spray lube & white lithium grease. I can remember if I used silicone or WD-40

• Like 1