In search of the guy in the San Jose area who bought my '60 Ranger in 2016...

I sold him this car in 2016 but don't have his name and address. Every year when I pay the registration fees for our other vehicles I have to pay for the Edsel too since there apparently is no national database that shows that he registered it in California. I don't remember much about him except that he owns some other Edsels and I believe that he is active with other Edsel owners in the SF Bay Area. If someone knows who he is please send me a PM. Thanks....

PS..............In this day and age you would think that there would be a national database in the US which shows when someone registers an old car so that the previous owner can stop paying annual registration fees for it. Why isn't there?

79FCCD7E-98DD-44E7-9AB9-83F064A181D2_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:35 PM, Lebowski said:

PS..............In this day and age you would think that there would be a national database in the US which shows when someone registers an old car so that the previous owner can stop paying annual registration fees for it. Why isn't there?

Privacy laws. 

In Canada, its referred as 'PIPEDA':  https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-laws-in-canada/the-personal-information-protection-and-electronic-documents-act-pipeda/   

The U.S. and England have a similar personal privacy & protection act in place, and you'll have to research them.  The law that covers England does affect the hobby; it used to be that British Motor Industry Heritage Trust (BMIHT) furnished copies of the original Production Orders of Jaguars and Daimlers with the original purchaser's name and address when a current owner requested it, but because of this sometimes overprotective rule, the name and address is now blanked out.  

Craig