1932 Upholstery Advice and Help

I have a 1932 Chrysler CP8 five passenger sedan. Restoration is complete except for the fabric interior. All of the original interior pieces are available as patterns. Fabric, close to the original, is available. All of the interior trim pieces have been wood-grained.

The best quote thus far is $25K from a qualified firm. Is this anywhere within the realm of reason?

Also, is anyone aware of qualified firms out there that could do the job? I need some comparable estimates.

Thank you!

$25K...Wow! You might want to speak with Doug at SMS in Oregon...he might have some suggestions for you. Doug at SMS reproduced an exact match of the fabric on my 1939 Imperial and I was able to find an “old school” upholsterer (he got his license in 1966) to do the work. Between the quality materials and workmanship, it turned out absolutely fantastic...and I’m quite fussy, (so I’ve been told...LOL!). With materials and labor, including headliner, seats, door panels, carpet, done exactly to original specs right down to the fabric seat piping, I was right around $8500. I was very pleased with everything.

26E3ADA1-9238-4494-BB81-08D452368702.jpeg

Where are you located? I am in Minnesota. My upholstery shop did my 32 CH Imperial for around $3500, labor only. I bought my material from SMS, and I don't remember what that ran, but it wasn't that bad as I recall. Send them your samples, if they are for sure original pieces, and they will match them better than anyone else. 

Greg

Edited by 24Chry48 (see edit history)