1977 OLDS CUTLASS (17,000) REAL MILES= FORSALE

The ad doesn't say this is a 442, so did Elvis sweat on it or something? A fully loaded ?77 Cutlass coupe in mint condition is $5,000 all day long (and that's on a VERY GOOD day). Demand drives value, not condition. This is a perfect example.

"I have the best '77 Cutlass on the planet". So what? This was a nothing special car when it was new in 1977. What makes you think things have changed since then? Demand for this car is shallow at best.

Don't mean to be harsh, but you're really wishing on a star if you think you'll find someone willing to pay such a ridiculously high price for this car - particularly here amongst Oldsmobile folks who have a high knowledge level of these cars.

For $15,000, perhaps you should try advertising in Ripley?s Believe It Or Not?

Boy, you sure told me off!

Before you purchase a price guide (which will tell you how far off you are on your asking price), do yourself a favor and invest in a dictionary. It's "you're" broke, not "your" broke.

By the way, I?ll match W-2?s with you if you?d like. But, it still won?t change the fact that you?re delusional about the value of a ?77 Cutlass.

Wow, I guess you're feeling pretty good about yourself right about now, mister anonymous! This has (so far) been a friendly set of Olds forums. In the "general forum" you suggested that this ad was better suited here in the "for sale" forum, and I see you were so proud of what else you said there that you repeated it here it all its brutality. If you don't wish the buy the car you can simply read on! I'm pretty sure I have not spelled anything wrong or used any incorrect grammer in this post, but I did not perform a spell check and I suppose its possible I split an infinitive or something. See, I don't come here for that. I come here to read and talk about Oldsmobiles. But while I'm on this tagngent (yes, I know, I started this sentence with "but") I would like to add that your W-2 comment clearly demonstrates that while money can buy, say, a 1966 W30, it does not buy happiness.