Need help identifying this hub cap

krztoff

My 9yo son has become obsessed with collecting "old car parts"; it's literally the ONLY thing he had on his Santa list this year.  This last weekend he spent some of his allowance on a hubcap we found at an antique store.  The back of this hubcap has "Ply / Dodge" and "41-8" written on it in faded sharpie - so our assumption at the time was that it was off of an old Plymouth Deluxe.  However, I cannot find photographic proof of this on the internet. 

Can someone tell me if this (image attached) is from a Plymouth, another vehicle, or perhaps is just an aftermarket product/knock-off?

hubcap.jpg

It appears to be an aftermarket cap.  The lettering is laid out so at a glance it would suggest Plymouth.  For a collection one of these caps would be nice to have to illustrate aftermarket caps of that era.

Thanks guys.  I guess I'm just surprised to learn there was much of an "after" market for these sorts of things back then. 

Neat to see a "Phoenix, OR" tag under your name too - I was born/raised in Medford (living in the seattle area now though).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krztoff said:

Thanks guys.  I guess I'm just surprised to learn there was much of an "after" market for these sorts of things back then. 

Neat to see a "Phoenix, OR" tag under your name too - I was born/raised in Medford (living in the seattle area now though).

Been here for 30 years as of this coming March 7th. I LOVE this part of the country.