1920s 1930s Buick Pontiac Oldsmobile Chevrolet Canadian Serial Number Plates

Cabnut

I had some made for my own cars and have a few left over. Used for sure from 1929 to 1931 but probably back as far as 1926 and as late as 1932. These were nailed to the floor sill ahead of the drivers seat on the passenger side as the car rolled off the line and had model, serial number and engine number stamped onto it. Etched brass as original. $120.00 US plus shipping cost.

IMG_5950.JPG

Edited by Cabnut
typo (see edit history)

Great looking Number Plates.  A great deal for someone who does not have one.

On 1930 Pontiac's built in Regina they were nailed to the left body sill between the seat track and the sill plate.  Attached is a picture of the original on my Pontiac after 89 years and 500,000 miles..

ID plate.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Mine is a 1929 Chevrolet and I seen one on a 1931 Chevrolet. I would hazard it was used on all production including La Salle and Cadillac as well as Oakland and Marquette. There were only 5515 Pontiacs built in all of Canada in 1930. Here is my original next to a new one. The plastic protector is still on it so it looks a little odd.

IMG_5952.JPG

Edited by Cabnut (see edit history)

On 11/25/2019 at 5:10 PM, Tinindian said:

Great looking Number Plates.  A great deal for someone who does not have one.

On 1930 Pontiac's built in Regina they were nailed to the left body sill between the seat track and the sill plate.  Attached is a picture of the original on my Pontiac after 89 years and 500,000 miles..

ID plate.jpg

The location you mention makes more sense. My sill was powder so exact location could not be determined. Could you post a picture showing it's location on your Pontiac?

Regards.

• 2 months later...

I did not realize your request until today.  It is parallel to the seat track and the front of the plate is 1 1/2" to the rear of the front seat track mounting bolt.

DSC03138.JPG