So Sunday just tooling along and a part falls off..

Brooklyn Beer

So we had our last nice 70 degree day for a week so off I went to top up the 49 Roadmaster before cold hit.  Nice leisurely pace. Had the 31 Franklin out before this so a whole new set of noises to listen for.  At about 30 mph heard this noise.  And we all know that feeling of RAPIDLY identifying that noise as it bounces off the bottom of the car a few times.  OK, That wasn't a rock or gravel or wood but sounded metallic, was that me?"  Instantly looking out the rear view i see some part bouncing down the road so i coast to stop.  Turn around.  OK, no odd noises stopping or turning. Car is running fine.  Pull over and get out and find a sway link with one bushing still on laying in the road.  Evidently the top nut came off.  Bushing looks real good.  So I gingerly eased her the one mile home and ordered a new set.  Fun stuff hearing it bounce off the bottom of the car a few times !

Question.  Best position to have the car in to replace?  Can I let the front hang with frame on jack stands?  What is a good procedure to replace it?