'62 Invicta windshield needed

Guest 31tudor

Guest 31tudor

I'm getting windshiled quotes around $550 to $600 installed, with a new gasket, for my '62 Invicta. This seems a little high to me, what do you think?

The same places tell me that if I bring them a piece of glass, they'll install it for $100, but don't guarantee that it won't break during installation. I can go along with that.

If I can find a piece of glass in very good condition, what would I expect to pay for it? Does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with?

ehibbs@nuteltech.com

I have a back window for a 4 door incase you need that part. I am sorry that I do not have the windshield. I do have a windshield from a 64 Olds 88 still in the body shell. If that fits and you are interested, I will check to see how much it costs to remove it. I looked to see where you are located but there is no information posted so I do not know if there is a distance problem.

Guest 31tudor

Thanks Fred,

I don't know if the '64 Windshield will fit, does anyone else?

I'm in St. George, Utah, and get to LA area every few months. If anyone can confirm that the windshield will fit, I'd like to purchase it from you, and I can come pick it up. Thanks!

The '64 Olds (or Buick) windshield will not work on the '62 Invicta. The '61 and '62 full-size GM cars have that very unique curved windshield post (A-pillar) that was sort of a clever transition from the "dogleg" style of the late '50's. On the '63 - '64 models, the pillar was straightened out, so the windshield changed significantly. I think you are limited to a '61 or '62 windshield, and the specific windshield may depend on the body style of the car (hardtop, sedan, convertible, wagon, etc.). You will want to do your research to make sure you find the correct one.

Guest Skyking

I bought a new windshield for my 62 Invicta 12 years ago. After buying a new gasket, paying shipping for the glass, having it installed, I think your quote of $550 is reasonable.

Guest Skyking

Oh! I also forgot to mention, trying to find a used one without wiper marks or road dings will be almost impossible....Go for the new one, you'll be happy!! laugh.gif